Nov 01, 2023 by EMPWellness Admin
Adequate sleep is very beneficial for health. Adequate sleep helps the body to use the process of repair and maintenance of the body and therefore, adequate sleep can be useful for improving mental and physical condition.
Adequate sleep improves memory and prevents some genetic
disorders. Adequate sleep causes weight loss and metabolic diseases. The body consumes calories in a state of sleep, insomnia or sleep disorder is one of the main causes of obesity and overweight.
Adequate sleep plays an important role in the treatment of MS disease. Adequate sleep improves memory and prevents some genetic disorders.
Here are some tips for improving your sleep quality and duration, based on the web search Getting better sleep is important for your health and well-being. results:
- Stick to a sleep schedule. Set aside no more than 8 hours for sleep and try to go to bed and get up at the same time every day, including weekends.
- Increase your exposure to bright light during the day. This helps keep your circadian rhythm healthy and improves your daytime energy and mood.
- Reduce your exposure to blue light in the evening. This can interfere with your melatonin production and make it harder to fall asleep. You can use glasses that block blue light, apps that filter blue light on your devices, or avoid using electronic devices before bed.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine late in the day. These substances can have a stimulating effect and disrupt your sleep quality or make it difficult to fall asleep.
- Make your bedroom comfortable and conducive to sleep. Use a supportive mattress, pillow, and bedding that suit your preferences. Keep the temperature cool, around 65 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit2. Block out any noise or light that might bother you.
- Relax and unwind before bed. Engage in activities that help you calm down and reduce stress, such as reading, listening to soothing music, meditating, or doing some gentle stretches.
I hope these tips help you get better sleep. Sweet dreams!